Can’t really write too much today, I have reached the want-to-cry-and/or-vomit level of exhaustion so I have to sleep as soon as possible. I will say this though, I managed to finish the final comments for a whole class today. I’m about a quarter of the way through the second class and I am hopeful that I will finish most, if not all, the comments tomorrow. I can’t wait to hand back these assignments because ABC Family is calling out to me.
I managed to access some of the readings from the television class I tutored last year so I printed off more readings for me to get through once I’ve gotten through my current workload. I can’t even begin to tell you how happy I am to see the names Lotz and Gripsrud. It’s like the mothership calling me home… or maybe it’s the flagship 😉
Lame TV studies jokes aside, I really am still excited to get this thesis started. Getting all my resources together feels kind of amazing. I’ll try to hold on to that feeling when I’m crying over badly written chapters in the coming months.
Things I did today instead of working:
- Brought two apples to uni before ultimately abandoning them to eat pizza with CH. We also watched the finale of New Girl. Dinner break at its finest.
- Admired a photo of Caleb Rivers because he apparently got a haircut. Technically this was research because he is coming back to Pretty Little Liars now that Ravenswood is cancelled.
- Looked at cats on Tumblr
- Ran home from the bus stop because everyone is scary at night
- Sang ‘You’re Having My Baby’ wholeheartedly while getting ready for uni and thinking of Cory Monteith
- Thought about Elle Woods and how I should watch Legally Blonde again to pump myself up. Ironically this movie inspired me to drop out of law school so I should probably watch with caution.
Random Lyrics From the Mostly Forgotten But Awesome Legally Blonde Musical
Seeing my name up on that list
That beats the first time that we kissed
You thought I was dumb
But I think that somebody’s judgment was poor
Seeing my name in black and white
It’s like making love with you all night
No wait, it feel so much better, hello, much better
It’s oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, much better
‘Cause I am so much better than before
– Elle Woods