I managed to write my three research questions today. I think I owe a lot of this productivity to CH for napping on the floor and giving me the soothing sounds of her sleep-breathing to use as my writing soundtrack. Thanks babes. Told you I’d mention it in the blog.
I’ve also mostly finished my bibliography and on top of that, I have worked out a draft for my methodology, theoretical framework and research gap sections. Phew! It’s been a pretty busy day but it’s really helped me get back in the mood to research. This part of the process has been amazing in getting me interested in the topic again. I think I forgot that this whole thing was my idea in the first place but I remember now. Hopefully I’ll get the whole thing done by Monday so that I can send it off to be checked and still have time to modify the sections that need work.
I can’t wait to go back tomorrow.
Oh yeah, I should probably note that my day started off amazingly. I know I dedicate a lot of space to writing about how much I hate the 23 bus but today, it blew my mind. I’m not going to say it came on time. Don’t be ridiculous. However, my first bus was so late that it coincided perfectly with the lateness of the 23. I waited less than a minute to connect my ride to university. Using public transportation fails to my advantage, hells yeah!
Things I did today instead of working:
- Attempted to do the Hoedown Throwdown with CH.
- Laughed hysterically about Lemon-Stealing Whores.“If you were a lemon I would put you on my shelf and cherish you like I cherish all our lemons.”
- Watched waaaaay too many After Hours videos. I really need to find my own Soren Bowie to argue with about movies and television. Where are all the passionate media dorks?
- Ordered from Hell without buying a pizza. CH and I decided that if the same delivery guy keeps delivering, we’ll eventually invite him in to watch a movie on the computer with us. Yeah. That won’t give him the wrong idea at all.
- Resentfully watched first-years as they went off clubbing while I waited for the bus. I miss fun.
- Thought about Zack Morris and Kelly Kapowski:
I am still on such a Saved by the Bell kick. I have to make sure I include the show in my thesis somehow… Crap, now I’ve thought about it too much and I have to watch another episode before bed.
Random totally awesome Bruno Mars lyrics:
I love you so, that’s what you’ll say
You’ll tell me baby, baby, please don’t go away
But when I play, I never stay
To every girl that I meet, yeah, this is what I say
Run, run, runaway, runaway, baby
Before I put my spell on you
You better get, get, get away, get away, darling
‘Cause everything you heard is true
Your poor little heart will end up alone
‘Cause Lord knows I’m a rolling stone
So you better run, run, run away, run away, baby
– Bruno Mars